As Gates Travel’s Weddings and Honeymoons specialist, I’ve arranged lots of honeymoons for our clients over the years. Here’s a little travel-trade inside knowledge to help make your special trip the memorable occasion it deserves to be.
A couple’s honeymoon is one of the most special times they will spend together and a chance to really spoil themselves, so it’s important for us to get as much information as possible to ensure that we meet all requirements perfectly. Every couple is different – some love to laze on a sundrenched beach while others like to really explore and sample local cultures and traditions. We’re here to help and offer advice as often as necessary, and trust the list below provides ideas and assists at the initial planning stage.
- Book as early as possible to make sure you get the full choice of what’s on offer, particularly if you are wishing to upgrade to a suite or other special room type.
- Friends and family can donate towards either the cost of the overall honeymoon or make a contribution to excursions and special extras – maybe a bottle of champagne in your room upon arrival.
- In addition to your own ideas, we can make helpful suggestions and recommendations. For instance, sometimes there are right and wrong times of the year to visit a destination due to potential adverse weather conditions.
- A short haul Honeymoon favourite is Cyprus – the Mediterranean island offers so much for couples with a fantastic climate, warm friendly locals, lots to see and do and a huge choice of accommodation. Only a short flight from the UK, it’s a perfect destination for honeymooners.
- For further afield consider Antigua in the Caribbean – located in the Leeward Islands, Antigua is well known for its 365 beaches. It is the picture postcard perfect image you have in your mind but what a lot of people don’t realise is that there is so much more to offer besides the fantastic beaches.
Gates Travel offer couples the opportunity to make an appointment to see us for an initial consultation. In the privacy and comfort of our Travel Lounge we can discuss your requirements, show you videos of destinations and hotels and provide you with tailor made price quotes.
Once you’ve booked we’ll keep in regular contact to make sure that everything is taken care of – passports up to date, visas applied for, inoculations arranged etc …
Couples are increasingly looking for value for money and in the current financial climate honeymooners may find themselves with a smaller budget, but you can still have something really special without blowing the budget. We look out for honeymoon offers such as free room upgrades, honeymoon discounts and extra benefits. Many tour operators and hotels offer deals for honeymoon couples.
MAYBE however you are Planning an Overseas Wedding.
Gates Travel can help arrange that also, for you and all your guests.
For further details click here; http://www.gatestravel.co.uk/weddings – and contact me to make your first appointment …
Please also note all Gates Travel colleagues have a wealth of acquired travel knowledge and experiences, have recently visited the following destinations, and are available to offer advice, planning guidance and booking services.
USA (California & Oregon), Abu Dhabi, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Cuba, Dubai, Thailand, Jersey, Malaga, Botswana, New York, Canada, Australia …